This is a recipe that my mother has been making since I was a little girl. It’s the perfect busy mom recipe – just cut up the peppers and toss it all in the oven. Yes folks, it’s a classic and crazy easy SHEET PAN MEAL. My mom has always used sweet Italian peppers for her version of sausages and peppers. However, you can use whatever kind of peppers you like the best! I think one day soon I will be making this again with some spicy sausages, my favorite!
This is one of my favorite things to make after work, it’s just so fast and easy. And while I love to cook, some nights you just want to get something in the oven and RELAX. This is perfect recipe for those types of nights. All you need is red bell peppers, sausages, onion and garlic. Well, and an oven!
First chop up the onion and the red peppers. Toss into a bowl, add some copped garlic. Season with oil, salt and pepper. Then it’s ready for the oven! Isn’t it amazing how quick the prep is for this? And the best part, anyone can do it! Even if you’ve never cooked before in your life, this is a no nonsense easy recipe.
Sausage and Peppers
- 6 sweet Italian sausages (1 lb package)
- 6 red bell peppers chopped
- 2 large onions chopped
- olive oil
- granulated garlic
- Preheat over to 375.
- In a bowl, mix peppers, onions, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. Empty bowl onto a large sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and nestle the sausages into the peppers.
- Place back in over for 20 minutes. Flip sausages over, and cook an additional 20 minutes.