This easy sheet pan dinner is one of my favorite weeknight dinners. Sometimes you get home from work and all you want to do is lay down in bed. I mean it can’t be just me that feels that way some nights LOL. So enter the easy sheet pan dinners, which hopefully will become a little series here on Happy Stirring!
So of course I’m going to start with the classic Italian Sausage and Peppers recipe. This is something my mom’s been making all my life. And you can eat it in so many different ways. My dad and I usually get some Italian bread, load it up with cheddar cheese and then cut the sausages in half and top it off with some peppers. Boom you have a bomb sausage and peppers sandwich! It may be easy, but that doesn’t mean it’s not delicious!
Easy Sheet Pan Dinner – The Details
I’m lowkey obsessed with sheet pan dinners these days, and currently testing out some new ones! But this sausage and peppers sheet pan dinner will always have my heart. Like I said before, this is something my mom has been making since I was a child. It’s easy, quick, and great for a small family. One package of sausages (1 lb, six sausages), six bell peppers, and two onions is really all you need. Well, and a ton of olive oil. Pop it in the oven for an hour, grab plates, dinner is on the table! That’s the beauty of a sheet pan dinner! And if you’re feeding more than three or four people, it’s just as easy to grab another pan and make it a double!
There’s really not much more to say about this one – give it a try and let me know what you think! Stay tuned for some more easy sheet pan meals coming to Happy Stirring soon! (I already have a Lemon Dill Chicken recipe floating around in my head that I’m looking to try out on my parents next week!)
Other Recipes to Try:
Watch out for some more sheet pan recipes coming soon, but in the meantime, try out these other Happy Stirring recipes I think you’ll like!
- Honey Mustard Chicken Cutlets and Roasted Cabbage
- Chicken in Creamy Fennel Sauce with Crispy Bacon
- Kale Pesto and Sausage Pasta
- Chicken Thighs in a Creamy Caper Sauce
Sausage and Peppers
- 6 sweet Italian sausages (1 lb package)
- 6 red bell peppers chopped
- 2 large onions chopped
- olive oil
- granulated garlic
- Preheat over to 375.
- In a bowl, mix peppers, onions, salt, pepper, and granulated garlic. Empty bowl onto a large sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and nestle the sausages into the peppers.
- Place back in over for 20 minutes. Flip sausages over, and cook an additional 20 minutes.