Al dente pasta, fresh shrimp, crispy marinated artichokes, tangy sundried tomatoes and basil pesto come together to create this Tuscan pasta with shrimp and I have been OBSESSED with this pasta since the first recipe test. This is one of those dinners that people will keep asking you for. It’s a family favorite! And not to brag, but my boyfriend says it’s his favorite pasta I’ve ever made.
Tuscan Pasta with Shrimp – The Details
Clean off your counter and get all your ingredients out because this recipe will be moving FAST. There are a few different pans, and few different steps, and surprising only a few ingredients too! Here’s everything you’re going to need to add to your grocery list to make this Tuscan pasta with shrimp you’re next family dinner!
- 1lb of your favorite pasta (I always get a different one every time, keep things interesting! LOL)
- 12oz jar of marinated artichokes
- 6oz jar of sundried tomatoes in oil (super important to get the ones in the oil!)
- 1lb of shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup basil pesto
See what I mean, there’s really not much that goes into this Tuscan pasta with shrimp. It’s all about the way you cook each ingredient! Now let’s get to cooking!
Step One: Cook the Pasta
Easiest part, read the box, cook the pasta, drain. I like to add a little oil into the pasta right after its drained, it helps from getting stuck together! Cover the pot and put to the side.
Step Two: Charring the Artichokes
My boyfriend brought these delicious little treats into my life, and when I tell you that we can eat and entire jar of just charred artichokes, I am not kidding. They’re great for a lot of things, but they bring the perfect crunch and flavor to this pasta. The first thing you’re going to want to do is drain the artichokes, and sun dried tomatoes, but make sure you save the oil! Because that’s what we’re going to char the artichokes in! I know, it’s hard to be such a genius sometimes. We’re gunna heat up our pan, over medium to high heat, add in about half of the oil. In two or three batches, arrange the artichokes in the pan, cook for five minutes, flip, and repeat until all the artichokes are dark and crispy! Remove them from the pan, and lower the heat. Try not to eat all of them as you cooking. One time when I made this Tuscan pasta with shrimp, I charred a second jar of artichokes just to snack on while I cooked.
Step Three: Sun Dried Tomatoes
After the artichokes are done, in that same pan, add your sliced sun dried tomatoes, and if any remaining oil from the jars. After a few minutes, and the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about one to two minutes. Next comes the shrimp, dump those suckers in there and arrange them so they are all in an even layer in the pan. Cook for two minutes, flip, and cook for an additional minute. The best advice I can give about not over cooking shrimp? Take it off the heat IMMEDIATELY after the three minutes are up. Bring the pot of cooked pasta back, dump the shrimp in there as soon as they are done cooking. Combine with the artichokes, and pesto and enjoy!
Tuscan Pasta with Shrimp – The Results
I’ll let this one speak for itself. Everything comes together perfectly, sweet, salty, and tangy goodness in every bite. Once my boyfriend introduced me to charred artichokes, I KNEW I had to make a pasta dish with them. It may seem like a lot of work but it’s actually pretty simple!
Other Recipes To Try:
If you like this Tuscan pasta with shrimp, you are in the right place because pasta is what I do best! Check out some of these other awesome Happy Stirring pasta dishes.
- Spicy Bolognese with Creamy Burrata
- Easy Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Kale Pesto and Sausage Pasta
- Classic Italian Pesto
- Baked Feta Pasta with Zucchini and Sausage
And make sure to subscribe to the Happy Stirring newsletter below, and follow me on Instagram to stay up to date with all the new things coming out of my kitchen!
Tuscan Pasta with Shrimp, Pesto, and Charred Artichokes
- 1 lb pasta cooked to package directions
- 12 oz jar marinated artichokes
- 6 oz jar sundried tomatoes in oil sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb shrimp peeled
- 1 cup basil pesto
- Cook pasta according to package directions, cover and set aside.
- Drain both artichokes and sun dried tomatoes, make sure you save the oil! Add half that oil to a large pan over medium to high heat. In batches, char your artichokes for 5 minutes on each side until dark and crispy adding additional oil as needed. Remove all from pan, and lower heat.
- Add sundried tomatoes, and garlic into pan. Let cook for about 3 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add shrimp, making sure to spread them into an even layer so all shrimp are touching the pan. Cook for two minutes, flip, and cook an additional 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine pasta, charred artichokes, sundried tomatoes, shrimp, and pesto. Mix thoroughly and serve!