This easy one pot chorizo chili is perfect for the cold winter nights. With this delicious warm bowl of chili in your hands, and a fire burning in the fire place, you’ll barely remember that it’s only 20 degrees out, right? Well…at least I can dream. And trust me, this chili really is a dream. A delicious saucy chili packed with vegetables, mixed with the spicy savory chorizo.
One Pot Chorizo Chili Take Two
This is another one of those recipes I posted when I first started Happy Stirring. And after a few years and many many one pot chorizo chili nights since then, my recipe has changed. And I think it’s for the better. This chili is something I make fairly often in the winter months and while my recipe (and my photography) has evolved in the last two years, I figured this recipe was next up on the re-shoot / re-write list. So here we are!
One of the things I learned in the last two years? Sometimes something more simple is better than super fancy ingredients. Plus it’s more accessible! Most of the time if I see a recipe that calls for something I don’t really want to go out of my way to get, I end up not making it. Don’t get me wrong I will still be experimenting, but sometimes, something simple and easy can be the best bet.
So I changed up some of the ingredients over the years. Whether it be because I forgot to go buy more (the bourbon) or the meat didn’t thaw…because I left it in the freezer instead of taking it out (the ground beef.) So in those instances, the show must go on, and the recipe gets changed. I mean the last time I made this recipe, I freaking forgot to add the beans in until the very end! Thus changing the recipe again, but wanna know what also happened? It was the best chili I had ever made!
It was so good that Phil ended up taking all the leftovers home with him the next day for lunch. Don’t worry next time I make this one pot chorizo chili the leftovers are all mine!
Other Recipes To Try:
If you like this one pot chorizo chili, you should some of these other delicious Happy Stirring recipes!
- Spicy Vodka Pasta with Creamy Goat Cheese
- Pasta with Spicy Sausage and Green Onions
- Easy Blended Mushroom Swedish Meatballs
- Creamy Leek Soup with Pancetta, Orzo, and White Beans
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and tag me if you make this one pot chorizo chili! And subscribe to the Happy Stirring newsletter to stay up to date with all the new delicious posts coming soon to Happy Stirring!
Easy One Pot Chorizo Chili
- 1 lb chorizo crumbled
- 2 medium carrots diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 15oz can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- In a large pot over medium – high heat, brown crumbled chorizo, 10 – 12 minutes.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot, and spices. Stir to combine. Cook 5 -7 minutes, until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, sauce, and beef broth. Bring to a simmer, lower heat, and cook uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has cooked off.
- Add beans and good for an additional 15 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and cilantro.