This three ingredient super simple party appetizer is so delicious you’ll be making up excuses to make them again! Every day can be a party if you try hard enough. Warm gooey cream cheese meets soft buttery crescent rolls, wrapped in crispy bacon? It’s a flavor explosion! Simple, quick, and most importantly warming and delicious. Don’t take my word for it, try them out yourself!
Simple Party Appetizer: Only Three Ingredients
Three ingredients makes this simple party appetizer even more appealing. Throw it together quickly, with very little prep and cooking time! It’s a great last minute, oops I forgot to make an appetizer, party appetizer. Using crescent roll dough is so simple, and brings a nice buttery flavor and delicious flaky texture.
My mom would always make these for me and Dad on Christmas and New Years, and they’ve always felt special. One of her co-workers had shared this with her so long ago, and it’s been a stable ever since. I mean what’s not to like? And little did I know that they were this easy!
She shared the recipe with me only a few years ago. And ever since then I’ve been making them for my friends, parents, and any chance I get! No longer do I have to wait for the holidays, I can make these any time you want, and so can you! (So long as you have cream cheese, bacon, and a crescent roll tube.) Seriously, it’s that easy!
The Details – Wrapping and Baking
Pop that crescent roll tube and lay out the pre-cut triangles. Now, nothing is stopping you some making eight HUGE belly bombers, but my mom taught me they cook much faster and evenly if you cut that triangle in half. Every belly bomber may be a different size, but don’t worry, they will still be delicious and beautiful.
After you cut the triangles in half (I like to use a pizza cutter for quick straight lines), take a chunk of cream cheese (about 1/2 Tbsp – 1 Tbsp) and wrap the crescent roll dough, pinching the edges so that the cream cheese is fully covered. Basically it should look like a little crescent roll ball.
And finally my favorite part, the bacon! Wrap half a slice of bacon around the little ball of deliciousness. Pop them in the oven, and when they come out they will be gooey, soft, and so so delicious. Really it’s the perfect simple party appetizer!
Looking For More Delicious Appetizers:
- Caramelized Onion, Fig Jam, and Goat Cheese Bites
- Soft and Creamy Baked Feta Dip
- Caramelized Leek and Crispy Bacon Tart
- Roasted Asparagus and Leek Tart
Check out some other Happy Stirring appetizers and make sure to subscribe to my newsletters to stay up to date with all the new and delicious meals coming to Happy Stirring.
Simple Party Appetizer: Belly Bombers
- 8 oz block of cream cheese
- 1 pilsbury crescent roll tube
- 8 slices bacon cut in half to create 16 shorter slices
- Heat oven to 375°
- Roll out the crescent roll tube, separating each pre-cut triangle. Cut each triangle in half using a pizza cutter.
- Put 1/2 Tbsp – 1 Tbsp cream cheese on each piece of dough and wrap dough around cream cheese, pinching the ends to create a ball.
- Wrap each ball with bacon. Cook in oven for 12 – 16 minutes until bacon is crispy and crescent roll is dark golden brown.